K-KORT Injection Uses (Triamcinolone Acetonide 40mg Uses) K-Kort Injection Side effects || K-Kort Injection Dose In Urdu In Pakistan
The K-KORT Injection Uses Triamcinolone Acetonide 40 mg
- Side effects of the K-Kort Injection || K-Kort Injection Dose In Urdu In Pakistan
- (Triamcinolone Acetonide 40 mg/ml)
Sterile Aqueous Suspension
K-KORT is a synthetic glucocorticoid corticosteroid with marked anti-inflammatory action. This formulation is suitable for intramuscular and intra-articular use only. This formulation is not for intradermal injection. Each ml of K-Kort injection contains Active: Triamcinolone Acetonide 40 mg/ml.
K-Kort Injection Uses Triamcinolone Acetonide 40mg Uses Or INDICATIONS
Where oral therapy is not feasible or is temporarily undesirable. In the judgment of the physician, K-Kort Is
indicated for intramuscular use as follows:
Endocrine disorders: Nonsuppurative thyroiditis.Rheumatic disorders:
As adjunctive for short-term administration in
- post-traumatic osteoarthritis;
- synovitis of osteoarthritis;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- acute and subacute bursitis;
- acute non-specific tenosynovitis;
- acute gouty arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- During an exacerbation or as maintenance therapy. In selected cases of systemic lupus erythematosus;
- acute rheumatic carditis.
- Pemphigus: severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome);
- exfoliative dermatitis:
- bullous dermatitis
- severe seborrheic dermatitis;
- severe psoriasis.
- Control of severe or incapacitating allergic conditions. Intractable to adequate trials of conventional treatment in:
- bronchial asthma
- contact dermatitis
- atopic dermatitis
- seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis.
- Ophthalmic diseases
- Severe chronic allergic and inflammatory processes involving the eye,
- such as herpes zoster
- diffuse posterior uveitis and choroiditis;
- optic neuritis:
- sympathetic ophthalmia;
- anterior segment inflammation.
- Critical phase requiring systemic therapy in ulcerative colitis regional enteritis. Respiratory diseases: Symptomatic sarcoidosis: berylliosis: aspiration pneumonitis.
Hematologic diseases: Acquired (autoimmune) hemolytic anemia
Neoplastic disorders: For palliative management of leukemias and emotions in adults: acute leukemia of childhood
- To induce diuresis or remission of proteinuria in the nephrotic syndrome, without uremia of the idiopathic type or that due to lupus erythematosus.
K-Kort is indicated for intra-articular or Intra bursa administration and for injection into tendon sheaths, as adjunctive therapy for short-term administration in-the following conditions:
synovitis of osteoarthritis;
acute gouty arthritis;
acute nonspecific tenosynovitis.
- intravitreal use
Intravitreal (4mg in 0.1m1) Triamcinolone acetonide is a promising treatment of diabetic macular edema.
K-Kort Injection CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Corticosteroids am contraindicated in patients with systemic infections. Intramuscular corticosteroid preparations are contraindicated for idiopathic thrombocytopenic pun. Arra.K-Kort is also contraindicated in patients with sensitivity to the active or inactive ingredients.
K-Kort Injection In Urdu WARNINGS
It should not be administered intravenously.
K-Kort Injection In Pakistan DRUG INTERACTIONS
Decreased effect of Barbiturates. Phenytoin, rifampin metabolism of triamcinolone. Vaccine and toxoid effects may be reduced. Increased toxicity: Salicylates may increase the risk of GI ulceration.
K-Kort In Urdu DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION •
The initial dose of K-Kort may vary from 2.5 to 60 mg per day depending on the specific disease entity being treated. In less severe conditions. Lower doses generally suffice. While in other patients, higher initial doses may be required. Usually, the parenteral dosage range is one-third to one-half the oral dose, given every 12 hours in life-threatening situations, administration of higher dosages may be justified. The initial dosage should be maintained or adjusted until a satisfactory response is noted. If after a reasonable period of time there is a lack of satisfactory clinical response. K-Kort should be gradually discontinued and
the patient transferred to other appropriate therapy.
ENTS ARE VARIABLE AND MUST BE INDIVIDUALIZED ON THE BASIS OF THE
DISEASE UNDER TREATMENT AND THE RESPONSE OF THE PATIENT. The lowest possible dose of corticosteroid should be used to control the condition being treated. After a favorable response is noted, the proper maintenance dosage should be determined by decreasing the initial drug dosage in small decrements at appropriate time intervals down to the lowest dosage which will maintain the desired clinical response. Constant monitoring of drug dosage is necessary. Dose adjustments may be necessary in accordance with changes in clinical status. Patient exposure to stressful situations directly related to the disease may necessitate increasing the dosage. After long-term therapy, it is recommended that K-Kort be withdrawn gradually.
Triamcinolone Acetonide 40mg Uses In Urdu In Pakistan DOSAGE
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: the suggested initial dose is 60 mg,
- Injected deeply into the gluteal muscle.
- Atrophy of subcutaneous fat may occur if the injection is not properly given.
- Dosage is usually adjusted within the range of 40 to 80 mg,
- depending upon patient response and duration of relief. However.
some patients may be well controlled on doses as low as 20 mg or less
Hay fever or pollen asthma:
- Patients with hay fever or pollen asthma who are not responding to pollen
administration and other conventional therapy may obtain a remission of symptoms tasting throughout the pollen season after a single Injection of 40 to 100 mg.
Triamcinolone Acetonide 40mg In Urdu Children
K-Kort Injection 6 to 12 years: the suggested initial dose is 40 mg, although dosage depends more on the severity of symptoms than on age or weight.